Canara Bank is among the oldest nationalized public sector banks with its Headquarter in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was formed in 1906 with over 3500 Branches with and over 45000 Employees. Canara Bank invites applications for recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) from the candidates successful in IBPS Common PO Exam conducted in Sep 2011.
Vacancies and Payscale
Probationary Officers (JMG Scale -I)? 2000 Vacancies (14500 - 25700)
Online Registration and Payment of fees: Jan 30 to Feb 15, 2012,
* Age should be between 21-30 yrs as on 01.07.2011,
* Should be graduate with Minimum 60% Marks (55 % for SC/ST/PWD).
* This Application is only for candidates that have qualified in the IBPS Common PO exam conducted in September 2011.
* Required IBPS Score :-
o For General Category :- Total Weighted Score (TWS) - 156 Marks and Minimum 24 Marks in Each subject,
o For OBC Category :- Total Weighted Score (TWS) - 146 Marks and Minimum 21 Marks in Each subject,
o For SC :- Total Weighted Score (TWS) - 146 Marks and Minimum 21 Marks in Each subject,
o For ST :- Total Weighted Score (TWS) - 136 Marks and Minimum 21 Marks in Each subject,
o For PWD :- Total Weighted Score (TWS) - 106 Marks and Minimum 21 Marks in Each subject,
* Candidates in Final year of graduation may not apply.
* Basic Knowledge in computers is considered a positive point and proficiency in Hindi is required.
* Relaxation in Upper age Limit :-
o For SC/ST :- 5 Years Relaxation,
o For OBC :- 3 Years Relaxation,
o For PWD (VI/HI/OC) :- 10 years,
o See Advertisement for more details of relaxation criteria.
* Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview on the basis of Marks in IBPS PO CWE Exam 2011.
* Group Discussion and Interview will each be of 100 Marks. In final selection CWE Score will be of 50% value, while GD and Interview will be of 20% and 30% value respectively.
* Finally selected Candidates will sign a service Bond for probation period of Two years with a security deposit of Rs. 25,000.
* For any Further details about this selection Procedure CLICK HERE
* The Application fee is Rs. 50 for SC/ST/PWD and Rs.100 for All Others.
* Payment can be made in following two ways :-
o Through any Branch of Canara Bank as below :-
+ Payment to be made by This Payment Challan.
+ Fill all required details and collect candidate's copy with Transaction Sequence No., Branch Name & DP Code Number, Deposit Date noted on it.
o NEFT Payment can also be made through following procedure:-
+ Payment to be made with NEFT Challan in Account No. 1173201002243 with Name of " Canara Bank Recruitment Project ? 1/2012". Payee Bank is " Canara Bank, South End Road Branch, Bangalore" and IFSC Code: CNRB0001173
+ Collect NEFT Receipt with NEFT UTR No., IFSC Code of the Sending Branch, Name of the Sending Bank, City, Deposit Date, Amount etc noted on it properly.
* Apply online with details filled properly and note down Registration Number and Password. Write down Regis. Number on the back of payment Challan.
* Take two print outs of application form for future reference and use.
* Documents to be carried if called for GD and Interview :-
o IBPS CWE Score card.
o Online Application forms of both IBPS and Canara Bank print-outs and GD - Interview Call Letter.
o Original fee receipt challan (CBS challan/ NEFT receipt), ,
o Age Certificate and Cast Certificates as applicable.
o Attested copies of Educational Qualification and Computer course Certificates.
o A Photo identity proof ( PAN Card / Passport / Driving Licence / Voters Card / Bank Pass Book etc. ).
Call letters for Interview and GD Phase will be downloaded from Bank's website when the list of shortlisted candidates will be issued by the bank.
Click Here to Apply Online
You may also see helpful tips for bank Interviews.