Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET)
is a Deemed-to-be-University and a national level institute established
by Government of India through Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The Institute offers unique modular pattern of education in various
branches of Engineering & Technology. The study programmes include
various courses at Certificate, Diploma, Degree, M.Tech. &
Ph.D. levels. There is a provision for Certificate student to enter to
Diploma and Diploma student to Degree Programme. Details are also available on the institute website http://www.sliet.ac.in. Applications on prescribed form are invited for admission to various programmes at Certificate, Diploma, Degree and M. Tech.
1. Certificate Programmes
(2 years Duration): (1) Servicing & Maintenance of Electronics
Instruments; (2)Computer Applications; (3) Food Technology; (4)
Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration; (5) Foundry & Forging; (6)
Tool & Die Technology; (7) Auto & Farm Machinery; (8) Welding
Technology; (9) Servicing & Maintenance of Medical Instruments;
(10) Maintenance of Television; (11) Maintenance of Electrical
Equipments; (12) Paper & Printing Technology
2. Diploma Programmes (2
years Duration): (1) Chemical Technology; (2) Computer Science &
Engineering; (3) Computer Science & Applications; (4) Electronics
& Communication Engineering; (5) Food Technology;(6) Foundry
Technology (7) Instrumentation & Process Control; (8) Industrial
& Production Engineering; (9) Maintenance & Plant Engineering;
(10) Welding Technology
3. Degree Programmes (3 years Duration):
(1) Chemical Technology with specialization in Polymer Technology (2)
Chemical Technology with specialization in Paper Technology (3)
Computer Science & Engineering; (4) Electronics & Communication
Engineering; (5) Food Technology; (6) Instrumentation & Control
Engineering; (7) Mechanical Engineering with specialization in
Manufacturing Engineering; (8) Mechanical Engineering with
specialization in Welding Technology; (9) Information Technology
4. M.Tech. Programmes: (2 years Duration):
(1) Manufacturing Systems Engineering; (2) Food Engineering &
Technology; (3) Instrumentation & Control Engineering; (4) Polymer
Certificate Programmes: 10th Pass (with pass in Science, Mathematics and English) from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE/ICSE or equivalent.
10+2 Pass (with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) from recognized
Board/University or equivalent or Certificate Holder of SLIET.
Degree Programmes: Diploma Holder from SLIET or from other Polytechnics affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education.
M.Tech.Programmes: Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology in the concerned/allied branch or equivalent.
RESERVATION OT SEATS: Seats are reserved for various categories as mentioned below
APPLICATION FORM AND EXAMINATION FEE
1. (a) Certificate Programmes: (i) Punjab State 75%
(ii) Other States & U.Ts 25%
(b) Diploma Programmes: (i) Punjab State 50%
(ii) Other States & U.Ts 50%
(c) Degree Programmes: Open at All India Level.
(d) M. Tech. Programmes: Open at All India Level.
2. Statutory Reservations (in all above programmes): 15% for Schedule
Castes, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes and 3% for Physically Handicapped.
3. NRI/NRI Sponsored*: 10% in Diploma and Degree programmes (over and above the sanctioned seats)
*Latest instructions of Government of India shall apply at the time of
admission against this category.
The Information Brochure containing information about the Institute,
syllabi for Entrance Test for different programmes and application form
for Entrance Test is available at SLIET, Longowal
(Distt.Sangrur)-148106, Punjab, on payment of Rs.325/- at the
Institute?s counter or through post by sending a Bank Draft of Rs.350/-
in favour of Director, SLIET, payable at Longowal/Sangrur. The complete
application form along with examination fee (in the form of DD or cash
receipt) of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST) should be sent to the
Chairman, SET-2008, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering &
Technology, Longowal-148106, Distt.Sangrur (Punjab) on or before April,
For Vertical Promotion from lower module to higher module, the SLIET
students of Certificate and Diploma Programmes shall have to appear in
the Entrance Test, SET-IV & SET-V, respectively to be conducted on
Sunday, June 22, 2008 at SLIET, Longowal only.
shall also be available at the following places by cash payment of
1. Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Bathinda
2. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana (Punjab)
3. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (H.P.)
4. National Institute of TechnoLogy, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
5. YMCA Institute of Engineering, Sector 6, Faridbad
6. Multani Mal Modi College, Lower Mall, Patiala
7. DAV Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kabir Nagar, Jalandhar
8. Directorate of Technical Education & Indl. Training, Plot No.1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh
9. Beant College of Engineering & Technology, Gurdaspur.
10. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli-620015, Tamil Nadu
11. B.A.V. inter College, Subash Bazar, Meerut City
12. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal-462007.
13. Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur (U.P.)
14. Shri Guru Nanak Girls Degree College, Gautam Budh Marg, Lucknow
15. Patna Science College, Ashok Raj Path, Patna