In India the 10+2 level exams are conducted in different names by different boards of school education and in the state of Karnataka, Kerala1 0+2 examinations are popularly known as Pre-University examinations. The authority conducting this crucial Pre-University Examinations in Karnataka is "Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education".
The main features of Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education are:
* Conducting II Pre-University Exams / announcement of results / issue of marks cards etc., through the affiliated Senior (Higher) Secondary Schools / Colleges.
* Providing photocopies of answer scripts of II Pre University Students in ten subjects.
* Revaluation of answer scripts of II Pre University students in tem subjects: The Department of Pre University Education introduced the revolutionary concept of issuing photocopies of the valued answer scripts of the Second Pre University Students to the doorsteps of the students in the year 1997. During that year 20,000 candidates received the photocopies by speed post, with in the next fifteen days of the announcement of the results. The Directorate has maintained the same real of efficiency and promptness in the subsequent examinations also. The concept of revaluations of answer scripts by randomly constituted three and committees has heightened the reputation of the Department. The above efforts have brought about transparency accountability and credibility to the Pre University Examinations.
* Computerization of students data / lectures data: The Pre University Education Directorate is the only academic body in the state which gathers precise information is its computers about the students studying in various colleges at the admission stage itself and extensive information about teaching and non teaching personnel and uses the data not only for college control, decisions in respect of savant in aid, staff approval, transfers and postings of personnel in Government Colleges, needs for Pre University Colleges in any given area, approval of scholarships proposals, but also examination work such as printing and issuing of admission tickets, valuation marks data entry and marks card printing etc. This procedure has helped the Department in taking correct decisions and has drastically reduced unnecessary correspondence and movement of files.
* Announcement of results as per scheduled - with in 20 days from the last day of the examination.
* Publishing 'Quarterly magazine', 'Padavi Poorva Shikshana Chintana' with academic in put for students and lecturers. This has resulted in interaction among students, teachers and the Department. Reputed academicians are contributing their articles to this magazine.
* It is an independent Directorate which controls all the Pre-University Colleges in the State with 3 distinct functions: Starting of new colleges, opens of new additional sections, new combinations, and approval of teaching and other staff release of salary, bringing college under Government in aid as per the rules of the Government. Admission of Students, Transfer of employees in Government institutions, De regularizing the colleges, which do not follow rules and regulations.
* The Board reserves the right for the preparation of the syllabus, preparation of the textbooks, conducting administrative orientation programmes for principals and new teaching staff and refresher courses for teaching staff, conducting cultural and sports activities for students at different levels, issue of eligibility certificate, migration certificates.
Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education
Technical Education Building
Ph: 91-80 2264484, 2267595
PUC Results 2017
For the Results of (PUC Exam 2017 ) the Pre-University examination, conducted by the Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education, follow the under mentioned link: