CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India. The examination tests the candidates for visual
perception ability, drawing skills, design aptitude and communication skills.
CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programmes at the Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay; IDDC, IIT Delhi; CPMD, IISc Bangalore; design Programme, IIT Kanpur.
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2017
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED 2017) [Entrance Exam for MDes and PhD Programmes in IITs and IISc]
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED 2017)is an all India examination conducted by IIT Bombay, on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
CEED is a qualifying examination for Admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) Programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IITDelhi, IIT Guwahati and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D. Programmes in Design insome Institutes.
Applications are invites for Common EntranceExamination for Design (CEED 2017) a qualifying examination for the following postgraduate programmes in design.
I. Master of Design (MDes)
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Master of Design (MDes) (Product Design and Engineering*)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Industrial Design
- Visual Communication
- Interaction Design
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Master of Design (MDes) (Industrial Design)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Master of Design (MDes) (Industrial Design)*
(*CEED qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these programmes).
II. Ph.D Programmes in Design: at IIT's and IISC Bangalore
CEED 2017 Eligibility
Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following, by July 2017:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design, or equivalent
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT, or equivalent)
- B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
- G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year professional experience
- Master's degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications
Information on the programme may be obtained from the websites of the respective institutes, as given below:-
CEED 2017 Application Form
ApplicationForm and Brochure: CEED Application Form may be submitted either Online (Internet
based) or Offline (by Post/in person)
1. Offline Application Form and Information Brochure can be obtained from the GATE Office, IIT Bombay, on payment of non-refundable application fee of Rs.990/- (Rs.495/- for SC/ST/PD Applicants) by crossed demand draft in favour of IIT Bombay payable at Mumbai.
These can be collected personally at the GATE Office counter, or can be obtained by post by sending a request letter along with DD. Two address slips should be enclosed along with the request.
Completed application should be submitted to the same address, either at the counter, or by Speed Post.
2. Online submission can be made by accessing the link provided on this page. The Online application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 950/- (Rs.475/- for SC/ST/PD Applicants). Please refer to the "Application Procedure" link available on the web page.
CEED 2017 Examination Centres: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mumbai, Roorkee